The Mission of WARPO is to achieve sustainable water resources development in Bangladesh by pursuing Integrated Water Resources Management (IWRM).
The Vision of WARPO is to become an apex organization in macro-level planning, - a center of excellence for the management and integrated development of water resources in the country, the central coordinating body for all relevant activities in the water sector according to National Water policy, National Water Management /Resources Plan and Bangladesh Water Act, the custodian of National and Regional Water Resources Databases and Information systems and to act as secretariat to the ECNWRC.
- WARPO continuously upgrades and maintains the 'National Water Resources Database (NWRD)'. NWRD offers a diverse range of data (non-classified) and information on water resources, as required by a user for planning, monitoring and research activates:
- The cost estimate of the required data would be supplied within 3 (three) days after the receipt of the application in specified format to Director General.
- The data will be supplied within 3 (three days) after the receipt of pay order of the estimated cost as per policy (see more for procedures>)
- WARPO computerized library has rich collections of both national and international reports/documents. The documents can be used by student, teacher, and researcher including any national and international user during office hour following the set rules of the library.
- Following categories of project proposal in the water sector would be reviewed and ‘Clearance Certificate' along with a report be issued within 15 (fifteen) days of the receipt of application. (See more for procedures>)
a) Flood Protection /(FP);
b) Flood Protection & Drainage (FPD);
c) Flood Protection, drainage and Irrigation (FPDI);
d) Drainage / Khal excavation (D)
e) Surface water Irrigation (SWI);
f) River Bank protection/ Erosion control (EC);
g) Groundwater irrigation (GWI);
h) Surface water conservation (SWC);
i) River dredging (RD)